Leading Parent Partnership Award
What is LPPA?
The Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work closely with families of its pupils. We achieved the award in 2018 and due to be reassessed. The process will make our work with families better, improve communication and build more activities for families in school.
We were so proud to achieve the award in 2018 and some of our main strengths from the verification visit were:
- The partnership ethos where parents, staff and support agencies work together and the whole child and family are taken into account when developing individualised provision was evident through the e-portfolio and the conversations undertaken with all stakeholder groups at the Final Verification.
- Building positive relationships with parents is integral to the services supported through the school in partnership with external agencies to enable holistic provision.
- Communication, learning and development strategies used within the setting flow between home and school through informative curriculum newsletters, reports and the school website. There are a range of opportunities to receive and submit information that will continue to develop as the need arises and also using technology as appropriate.
- Positive relationships enable partnership working with various external agencies and these were evidenced through the stakeholder conversations. Multi agency working is part of everyday practice at Woodley and all staff have their role to play in this.
- Extensive information was shared to show how parents are enabled to support their children to develop and learn and also to enhance their own learning through various sessions that have been developed and will continue to develop in line with parental feedback and needs
- Celebrations take place and parents are invited to attend these. Everyone is valued and their contributions and achievements actively highlighted through relevant displays, assemblies and provision of certificates etc.
The school will have to work towards meeting nine evidence based objectives before we can achieve the award.
We will need to:
1) Demonstrate a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA.
2) Make and implement effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA.
3) Show the school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents.
4) Promote the awareness and participation of all groups of parents/carers in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation.
5) Provide a good induction for all new parents/carers.
6) Provide parents/carers with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children’s learning.
7) Produce and implement parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and to improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school.
8) Provide good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school.
9) Summarise our achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines our future plans.
How can you help us?
- Read all the information that we send out.
- Come along to virtual events we organise if you are able to.
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can.
- Contact us with any suggestions or ideas which will help our communication with parents even better!
If you would like to get involved please contact Miss Roberts or Miss Cope by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Thank you to our Woodley Community for all your support